Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Got Coupons?

The number one question I get all the time is "Where did you get that coupon?".  Before I started couponing, the only place I thought you could get coupons from was the Sunday paper.  Well, times are a changing!  I'm going to tell you where I find all my coupons from and how to use them!
 


The Sunday Paper:
Before buying the Sunday paper I ALWAYS check to see what inserts will be in the paper, this determines how many I will buy.  The website I check is http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/, this website has never failed me! The 3 main inserts to look for are the Smart Source, Red Plum, and P&G.   All 3 aren't always there together so don't expect them to be there every week.  Usually P&G is only in the first Sunday paper of the month.

Once I figure out what inserts are in the paper I look to see what coupons are available in each insert, they will be listed on the same website I listed above.  If there are a lot of high value coupons I buy 4 newspapers.  If there aren't many high value I only buy 2. The local newspaper where I live is $1.25 so I either spend $2.50 or $5 a week so I need to make sure there are really good coupons to make up for the cost of the paper.  This last Sunday there was a Smart Source and Red Plum insert and both were filled with LOTS of high value coupons so I bought 4.  I made my money back with just 1 coupon from 1 paper, it was for $5 off Head and Shoulders shampoo or conditioner.  The rest of the coupons were profit!

Now you are more than welcome to buy as many as you want but I never buy more than 4 because I'm not an "extreme" couponer and don't need 100 of 1 item lol.  If there is a high value coupon that I want more than 4 of but I don't want the rest of the coupons I will go to an online clipping service and order as many as I need to get.  Remember when you do buy the newspaper to buy in multiples...2, 4, 6, 8, ect.... so you can use the coupons on b1g1 free deals.

Online:
The internet is filled with a treasure trough of coupons!  I find a majority of my online coupons from the following sites:
http://www.coupons.com/
http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=MKRU3JAAR6CCY, http://www.save.com/coupons/
http://www.couponnetwork.com/
http://coupons.target.com/

The rest of the coupons I find are by random google searches.  If I know there is a certain sale on an item that I really need to get I will google search for a coupon for it.  The only bad thing about online coupons is that you can only print out 2 per computer.  We have 2 computers so I can print out 4 at a time.  DO NOT photo copy coupons it is ILLEGAL and you can get arrested for coupon fraud.

You'll notice I listed a Target site for coupons.  This is a "magical" site that I print from a LOT!  Target is one of my favorite stores because you can use their stores coupons on top of a Manufacture coupon AND also with something new they started called Carthweel , and also if you have one of their store debit or credit cards you can get an extra 5% off.

Example: Yesterday I went to Target and they had Campbell to go soups on sale for $2.  I had a Manufacture coupon for $1 off the Campbell to go soup and a Target coupon for $1 off the Campbell to go soup.  On top of that, in the Cartwheel they had the Campbell to go soup for an extra 15% off.  The way Target's system works it subtracted the Store coupon first then it applied the 15% off, then used the manufacture coupon last. After everything was applied I actually MADE 15 cents!  So Target PAID ME to take the soup off their self!  I bought 4 so I made 60 cents which was applied to the rest of the total.  You can't beat that deal!  Below is an example of a Target coupon that I printed out, not all the coupons you print from the Target site will be Target coupons but the ones that are will have a Target symbol on it and it will say TARGET WEB COUPON.

 


Stores:
A lot of stores, such as Walgreens, CVS, Publix, ect....Have their own coupons you can get straight from the store.  Walgreens has a Monthly coupon booklet that you can pick up in store and they often have coupons in their Sunday paper insert ad.  Publix has 2 coupon book they keep at the front of the store when you first walk in, they are seperated into 1 for Personal items like Shampoo, laundry stuff, dish soap, ect....and 1 for Food items. They randomly have coupons in the Sunday paper also.

Now you know where I get all my coupons from but how do I know what to do with them!? I use a site called Coupon Mom.  This site is a godsend and the person running it definitely knows her stuff! She compares the sales and will match the sales with the current coupons out there.  She even tells you what newspaper the coupon came from and what insert.  If it's a printable coupon she will give a link to it, can't get any better than that!  I have saved so much time and effort using this website.  Another good site for sale comparing is Simply Southern Couponers.

I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog so far.  Until next time!

-Southern Savings Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment