Sunday, June 30, 2013

Earning $$$ from Shopping

I have been improving on my savings % slowly but surely. I have come close to having a 100% savings with my total being $1.12 and having a $2 register reward which actually makes me +.88 cents but I never got to walk away with groceries without actually paying money, until today!

I went to Dollar General because they are having a sale where for every 3 Kraft items you buy $2 is deducted from your total.  Well I got there about 10 min. too late because a "Shelf Clearer", basically someone who will take 100+ items of the same product leaving none for anyone else, got there before me.  I was still able to score some stuff though and will get the chance to get more when they get a new shipment on Wednesday, it's always good to make nice with the employees because they will give you valuable shipment information.


I was able to score 1 Kraft Home style singles meal, 1 box of Jello, 6 Big Caprisuns, and 4 pouches of Country time mix.  Everyone one of those items was a Kraft product featured in the ad so $8 was deducted from my total automatically at the register.  I then handed over my coupons which brought my total, including tax, down to +.04 cents!  I thought Dollar General didn't allow overage but maybe it's different depending on location, I'm not sure but you can always call your local Dollar General or what ever store you shop at and ask what their policy is.  All I know is the cashier handed me 4 cents which is in the picture above, that's over 100% in savings AT the register!  This is a first for me!  Even if I didn't get 4 cents back I still walked out of that store paying nothing from my wallet which was always my goal!






This is exactly why I started this blog to help people who may not be able to afford much food and show them how they can get stuff for free or almost for free.  I hope so far in my short time writing this blog that I have helped at least 1 person.  Until my next blog, TY for reading!

-Southern Savings Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment